With the 2022 season going to be here in 2 months time, here is some information we already know, or that Thorpe Park have advised to 500 exclusive people…
- Old Town – deconstruction is well underway, with only the Creek Freek Saw Mill and the old train platform still standing. Also, no work on removal of Loggers Leep has started yet.
- Creek Freek Saw Mill has had work on removal of its interior and they are soon going to be removing the saw mill.
- Collosus is having a re-track of its first two heartline rolls. Further work will also take place for the next few years closed seasons. No new trains are planned.
- Slammer removal will happen, but not yet confirmed when. Would expect this may not happen until thr next closed season in our view.
- Derren Brown Ghost Train is very much under alot of speculation, Thorpe Park are giving nothing away apart from saying to keep an eye on the app for it… however, it has even removed this week from the app, which adds further speculation on its future. When asked, Thorpe Park replied saying “spooky” when they were asked why its not showing on the app…
- Saw the Ride will keep its single rider queue and they are looking how it could be put in place for other rides!
- Events confirmed are Mardi Gras, Carnival, Oktoberfest and Fright Nights. No details on any of the events as of yet.
We will keep an eye out for any other news and developments as they happen so watch this space!
Founder of ThemeParkRM. Spending most of his time at Thorpe Park and loves The Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers (choo choo!)