In line with the recently announcement by the Government on restriction changes, today Merlin has announced what this will mean for their attractions.
A full list of changes reported by Merlin on their website:
- Lower capacity – both for our attractions and for each building, queue line or experience. Whilst legal restrictions have been lifted, we want to ensure we can offer you the best possible guest experience.
- You will see some signage stating “Face coverings recommended” which will be displayed at entry points into our indoor attraction or high footfall areas.
- You may continue to see Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and clothing for some of our staff. Our teams are encouraged to maintain high levels of hygiene and they may wish to continue wearing a face covering whilst working, most notably when in indoor locations.
- Continuation of enhanced cleaning, hygiene stations and hand sanitiser for guests at key locations
- You may still see increased ventilation and suggested spatial separation markings and other similar operating adjustments around the attraction. Whilst legal restrictions have been lifted, we want to ensure we can offer you the best possible guest experience.
- The redesign of particular tasks to reduce the frequency and/or duration of potential ‘close contact’ points between our guests and employees
- Theatre-style areas, actor led experiences, 4D cinemas and meet and greet entertainment may continue to have limited numbers or a change in layout
Merlin has also confirmed that pre-booking will still continue to remain for the time being which isn’t much surprise and to be honest, I could even imagine that this will end up remaining in place.